Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's your choice.

There are so many things we take for granted. Things we don't notice until they're gone, and that means we're too late. Too late to show affection. Too late to give a well-earned compliment. Too late to enjoy the things you should've enjoyed to the fullest. It's sad how often you don't realize the importance of certain things until it's too late. Can't we implement some sort of notification, a heads-up, just so we don't regret these things later in life?

The fact that you can choose your own happiness is one of the things I keep reminding myself. Same as: looking back keeps you from moving forward. Or: you only get one chance for a first impression. It's never too late to grow and explore, as long as you set your own boundaries. It feels like I've grown a lot the last couple of weeks, on an emotional level, though I don't think others are noticing any difference. But I've noticed that it's true: you get what you give, and it looks like I've been very generous with smiles and positivity...

No comments:

Post a Comment