Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

The side effect.

Besides the fact that the relationship between The Boss and I ended, it also meant the end of the relationship between me and his family, and the relationship between him and my family. At times it seems like they are taking the split harder than we are. I guess they mean well, but being with them is a constant reminder that we're no longer together. No, I don't know how he's doing and I definitely don't know what he did last weekend. Stop asking, please. Get over it! At least I'm trying to...

My dad, on the other hand, is in his element now he's back on the job as the 'protector' of his little girl. You'd think, by the age of 24 and at 5.9ft, I'd be a woman who can fend for herself, but he probably still thinks of me as the 6-year old he had to scoop up in his arms after I fell from a tree and broke my leg in several places. It's like he lend the job to The Boss for the time being, but got back on track the moment it was announced we'd separated. Guess he's still the same hero, too.

There's an upcoming party and I'm a bit anxious as it will be the first time I have to face the whole family as a single woman. Well, there's going to be a first for everything, and I'd rather just get it over with. Luckily I've still got two weeks to lose a bit more weight and look my best. I'm going to make sure being single suits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment