Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's not you, it's me.

I might as well get straight to it and try to explain the purpose of creating this blog...

Not too long ago I ended the relationship with this great guy (let's refer to him as The Boss). We were together for nearly 6 years and though it's been my decision to take a time off, I feel a bit lost ever since. It's not like we ran out of love, there was no affaire, no major fight or misunderstanding, but in the end we just grew apart. We let it happen and didn't notice until it was too late. I don't think either one of us is to blame, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Though it hurts like hell, I try to get something positive out of the current situation:

1. I haven't been on my own since I left my parents' house (at 22) and been in a relationship from age 15 to 18, and then from 18 to age 24. So basically I will have to learn to be on my own. I'm good at taking care of others; let's see how good I am at taking care of myself. If this is my last post, you'll know I failed terribly...

2. In order to keep my mind occupied I've made a list of things I want to do while being single, for as long as I'm feeling brave and set to the limit of my broken heart. The Boss and I once made the vow we'd follow each other anywhere but this is a challenge I'll have to conquer on my own. (and followyouanywhere.com is already taken so you'll just have to follow me everywhere instead)

- Travel the world
- Finish at least one project (separate post will follow soon)
- Visit a concert
- Party until sunrise
- ... More to come

On followyoueverywhere.blogspot.com you can follow me on my missions, completing one goal at a time. I'll have to save money before I can travel, make arrangements at work to get a few months off and get things straight on how I'm going to do all of this on my own. You're invited to be my witness: watch me fail or be supportive and help me succeed. It's all or nothing, either way: I'm doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment