Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's not you, it's me (Part 2)

I've only posted 5 blogs so far, but I think it's safe to say they gave you a rather good impression of me and my personality, so you probably won't be surprised when I say I'm not a very confident person. I'm easily impressed and that's good for the self-esteem of others, but sometimes it puts me in difficult situations. For example, not too long ago a guy came up to me and we started talking. This was fine, of course, as I never had any other intentions than just have a nice conversation.

Unfortunately his intentions diverted mid-way and he became sort of pushy. Dude, what's up with that?! Why can't we just talk and get to know each other before these expectations are being set? I told him I just came out of a relationship, but according to him it was best (for all of us?) to get back on the horse straight away. Yeah ... sure. I felt stupid for getting caught in this situation, perhaps he misinterpreted some of the things I said. I'm quite complimentary, because I know it makes others feel good and I think if somebody does something right, it's nice to acknowledge it to them. But apparently he thought I was massively flirting with him.

Okay, so I had to throw in the old 'it's not you, it's me', but still it took me half an hour to get the message across. I know I should take it as a compliment that he was interested in the first place, but I thought I'd been pretty clear from the start. Don't get me wrong: it didn't ruin my night, though I'll be thinking twice next time a guy comes up to me for a chat. Consider yourself warned ...


No comments:

Post a Comment