Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Along the way

Don't be afraid to be different: it's not a crime to stand out in the crowd. 

Wisdom doesn't come with age. It's true that as you get older you gain experiences and learn how to deal with certain situations, but it doesn't mean a 50-year old is better in coping with it than a 25-year old. I've heard stories that seem unbelievable, a screenplay of the latest blockbuster, but instead it's the life story of someone my age. It makes me realize my life hasn't been bad at all, though I do like to complain and nag about it, of course, but that says more about me and my drama queen abilities, than the roughness of my youth.

There's been bullying, insecurities and times I thought I'd never make it through the next minute, but these 60 seconds passed anyway and I was still breathing at the end of them. As I'm fully aware of my imagination, level of dramatizing and intention to overreact it makes me realize my memories might've been altered and therefore not always true to reality. It's funny though; looking back and knowing there isn't a single thing I can change about the things that have happened and the things I've done. The only thing I can change is my future, 'cause the power of it is in my hands. Got to love the amazing gifts of life, ay?

Lately I've been thinking about the way I'll feel when I'm 85 (assuming I'll reach that age and still capable of thinking, reading and writing) and looking back on life. My biggest fear is to disappoint myself because of the decisions I've made, especially for things I didn't do because of fear of the thing itself, or fear of the opinion of others about it. I can't help but wonder at what age I'll learn and realize there's nothing wrong with being different, as it only confirms me being the unique person I am. Hmm, sounds like I'm halfway there... will 25 be the magic number after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment