Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Are you kiddin' me?

Sarcasm, some people just don't get it. 

There's one thing I find extremely annoying and that's when I have to explain my jokes because someone doesn't get it. Honestly, it's really not that hard. I'm not that intelligent so my jokes aren't either. Though, not getting sarcasm says more about you then about the quality of my jokes. Didn't I already mention I'm hilarious these days? Yeah, thought so...

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1. Harsh or bitter derision or irony
2. A sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms

A tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means. It often has the best comedic value.

See, it's nothing more than a lousy attempt to be funny. To make it easier and less uncomfortable for us both, next time just smile and nod as if you get it. Smile and nod, yeah; you're going to get far in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment