Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A not so nice kitty

Last week I had a discussion with someone who gave me the impression it was ‘weird’ that I didn’t go to a certain party, because I’m single now and had said I wanted to experience the single life, but went to bed early instead.

I’m normally not easily offended so perhaps it had to do with the summery heat, the lack of sleep for the past few weeks or the appointment I had with the solicitor that afternoon, but I got so defensive it probably scared the heck out of that person. A full frontal blow out, at 00:32 on a sizzling August night. So if you ever want to experience me being (slightly?) upset, this is what you can expect:

The first stab:
Q: Why didn’t you join her?
A: Why should I feel like I had to? It’s OK to say 'no' at times.

The blow out:
Q: Why not going out then?
A: I don’t think being single has to be defined by the amount of parties I go to. Secondly, I told you many times I don’t go out that much anyway, and I’ve been exhausted the past few weeks. Third, I didn’t feel like going out after going to the solicitor and having to break someone’s heart for the tenth time.
That enough reasons? Though I don’t think I have to explain myself for going to bed on time, one of these reasons should be sufficient.

I know it’s not nice of me, and a huge contrast with how I normally am but it was just too much that I had to explain myself for going to bed on time and wanting to take care of myself. And it brought me to another quote:

“Sometimes the easiest way to find salvation, is to seek comfort in the wrong kind of distraction. While in fact the power should come from within yourself, to patch you up and get you back on your feet again.”

Guess we both learned a lesson that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment