Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Recharged and ready

Reality check: when my packed suitcase weighed less than the amount of weight I've lost in the past 6 months... 

A week of relaxation, sunshine, sunbathing, excitement, tours through the country and the best of all: no work. Result: minus 2 kg at the end of it. It was a fun week in Portugal with my friend (the one from work), the weather was great and we'd made an efficient planning:

- Friday / Saturday: Arrived at midnight and find our way around town
- Sunday: Organized bus tour through the Western part of Algarve
- Monday: Relaxing and walked to the old part of Albufeira
- Tuesday: Boat trip to see dolphins and caves
- Wednesday: Relaxing and by local bus to Faro (capitol of Algarve)
- Thursday: Jeep safari and visited the countryside
- Friday: Relaxing at the beach, final chance to get tanned and fly back home


Loved it! It was exactly the right combination of action and relaxation, so we can safely say my battery has been charged a bit again. Unfortunately I am an extremely slow tanner so others probably still consider me relatively pale, but at least I felt tanned today. Yes, only today because the weather in the Netherlands is poor, cold and rainy so I expect my summery look to be washed off within 24 hours - all that hard work for nothing! I'm already planning my next vacation to maintain this look, so how 'bout going south again in October? Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment