Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

At the end of the rainbow

When it's pouring rain: be your own ray of sunshine

We all know the saying 'it's not over until it's over' and it is over now. The divorce papers have been signed. The final settlement has been made and the only thing that is keeping us connected is the mortgage of the house we bought together. The house that he's been living in for almost three months now, while I still pay half of my salary for it and am living with my parents. Don't get me wrong: I am actually glad that I'm no longer living there, with him and all that, but it sucks that I can't move forward until the house is sold. And let's face it: that's going to be the biggest challenge of the whole break-up.

I'm a relatively positive person so I jumped in to the adventure of selling the house with an upbeat attitude and had high hopes that we'd be selling it within a few months (maybe naive would be a better fit than positive). So far two weeks have passed since we put it online and there has been no reaction whatsoever, at all. That's not very optimistic and far from positive, but I refuse to let it bring me down. What might actually bring me down is the lack of support of others. Or the fact that our neighbours put their house up for sale three days after we did, for 4000 euro less...

I will admit it was one of the most frustrating moments of my life. But I got over it and looked at what I could do to improve our chances of selling and managed to get some support out of The Boss as well. See, miracles do happen; every now and then; once or twice a year; OK practically never but just this once I'd like to think he was being helpful (by not being home so I could access the house and do some redecorating and cleaning...). It might not cause a rainbow yet but at least I'm seeking the rays of sunshine through the dark and heavy clouds that have been colouring our sky a serious shade of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment