Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sink or swim

In the end, all you have to remember is how to swim.

Sometimes life can be overwhelming, confusing and downright painful, but as long as it gets dark at the end of every day and the sun rises again the next morning, nothing they throw at me is too much. Yes, it's a lot to deal with, but one way or the other I'll manage to face it, conquer it and move past it. This doesn't mean it's easy, nor does it mean I'm capable of actually doing it, but I'm good at thinking it through and putting it in writing. We all deal with things our own way and this is mine. I'm sticking with the decisions I've made, whether they are right or wrong (which is a matter of opinion anyway). 

I've decided to swim rather than drown. Drowning isn't fun, though I don't like swimming either. No-one ever told me how exhausting it is to swim for such a long time, and it's getting cold in the deep and dark waters. I'm waiting for that deserted island to pop up in the (not too far) distance, a warm and comfy place where I can sit back, relax and catch my breath again. The one thing I need to beware of is not getting too comfortable on this island, even if it seems to have everything I need in order to survive. Sometimes looks can be deceiving, and when something looks too good to be true; it usually is. Don't want to get thrown in to the water again, there might be sharks out there ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment