Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Above and beyond.

So, the first season of salsa lessons has come to an end. It were ten fun weeks of learning something new, meeting new people and moving out of my comfort zone. Must say: so far, so good. Though I was really nervous during the first introduction class, I felt at ease rather quickly and each lesson it became more fun because I got more confident with the dance and the people. Only at the beginning of the classes I was reminded of the fact that I didn't have a partner, as we all had to make couples and often me and another girl (now a sort of friend, actually) were the last ones standing.

Just because I like it so much and want to learn more on how to become a better dancer, I've already signed up for the next season, starting August 30th. Can't wait! But in order to get through the summer I've also decided to sign up for a course on bachata dancing. To be honest: this is more my cup of tea. How I love to dance real close to my guy... It's already my thing on a regular night out, so why not take some classes and be able to give it a name? Next time a guy is freakin' out (though I can't recall last time this happened) because I'm bumping and grinding, I can say 'don't worry, it's called bachata. Look it up on the Internet.'
Yeah, I got my dirty moves all covered.



No comments:

Post a Comment